Losing some of your teeth doesn’t just change the way you look — it can impact your confidence, bite, and overall health as well. Dental implants provide a stable, natural way to replace your missing teeth.
With dental implants, you’ll have replacement teeth that feel and function like natural teeth. You can smile with confidence and eat your favorite foods without discomfort.
Do you need dental implants in East Los Angeles, CA? Book an appointment with Dr. Chang at Atlantic Children & Family Dentistry.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are titanium replacements for your teeth’s roots and a crown that mimic real teeth. We can use implants to replace a missing tooth, several teeth, or a full arc of teeth. The full composition of dental implants includes the bone-integrated implant, the abutment, and the crown or artificial tooth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Below are some of the main benefits of dental implants:
- They help preserve bone structure after tooth loss.
- They help preserve the health of the remaining teeth around the focus area.
- Dental implants are a great replacement for dentures.
- It’s hard to distinguish between dental implants and natural teeth.
- They can improve speaking ability better than bulky dentures.
- Since they prevent bone loss, they can significantly improve facial appearance.
Who Is an Ideal Candidate for Dental Implants?
Anyone with missing teeth may be a good candidate for dental implants. However, we don’t recommend choosing dental implants if you’re still in your early teens. Your dental and facial bones are still immature at that age.
People living with periodontal disease are also not ideal candidates.
We’ll examine your medical history during the consultation stage to determine whether you are a good candidate or could benefit from other treatment options.
The Dental Implants Process
Here’s what you should expect when you visit us at Atlantic Children & Family Dentistry for dental implant surgery:
- Initial Planning. We’ll carefully evaluate your bone condition and your dental health.
- Implant Placement. At this stage, we place the dental implant in the right spot where gum tissue can grow around it.
- Healing. This stage involves waiting for the bone around the dental implant to grow and assimilate it. This healing process can take a few weeks.
- Abutment installation. After the site has healed, we’ll install the implant abutment. It connects the implant to the crown that will sit above it.
- Crown installation. We create porcelain crowns that match the rest of your teeth, binding them to the abutment. It is the final step in the dental implant placement process.
Do You Need to Replace Dental Implants?
Barring any accidents, you don’t need to replace a dental implant once it’s in place. Remember, one major benefit of this treatment option is that it is more permanent than other alternatives.
Book an Appointment With Our East LA Dental Implants Dentist
Do you have missing teeth and are considering dental implants? We can’t wait to welcome you to our office.
Call Atlantic Children & Family Dentistry today at (323) 366-3763 to schedule a consultation for your dental implants in East Los Angeles, CA.