Traditional Braces in East Los Angeles
Are you looking for braces in East Los Angeles? Call Atlantic Children & Family Dentistry today at [PHONE NUMBER]!
At Atlantic Children & Family Dentistry, we provide orthodontic treatments that help straighten and align your teeth and jaws for better health. You can enjoy a beautiful smile with the help of our professional orthodontists.
How Professional Orthodontic Treatment Can Help
Metal braces are a traditional approach to correcting misaligned teeth and jaws for better biting, chewing, and speech skills. Misaligned teeth and jaws can cause numerous issues that can interfere with daily activities. Braces in East Los Angeles are the ideal treatment for the following conditions:
- Crowded teeth: the jaws are too small to accommodate the adult teeth and can contribute to impacted wisdom teeth
- Gapped teeth: teeth are too small to fill in the space within the jaw arch
- Crossbites: the curve of the jaw or teeth does not align
- Overbites: the upper teeth protrude farther out than the lower teeth
- Underbites: the lower teeth protrude farther than the upper teeth
These conditions can cause significant trouble when eating food and can impede speech. Some of these conditions can contribute to life-long jaw disorders unless you seek treatment in a timely manner. Braces will help correct these issues and improve your smile.
The Basics of Metal Braces
Traditional metal braces consist of multiple pieces that work together to push slowly, pull, and align your teeth. The components of traditional braces can include:
- Brackets: attach to the teeth to provide a leverage point for alignment
- Archwires: link to the brackets to form a guide for alignment
- Bands: connect to the back teeth to anchor the braces
- Springs: help push crowded teeth apart or help push gapped teeth together
- Elastics: fit over the bracket to help keep the archwire in place and provide a splash of personality
Each part of the braces the orthodontist uses is instrumental in achieving your oral health goals. Be sure to follow all precautions and instructions the orthodontist provides you after placing your braces in East Los Angeles.
How To Have Better Oral Hygiene With Metal Braces
Traditional metal braces do come with a few food restrictions. These limitations aim to help you have better oral health while undergoing this conventional orthodontic treatment. Take a look at the following tips to maintain healthy teeth while using metal braces:
- Maintain a healthy brushing and flossing regimen every day
- Avoid sugary foods and drinks that contribute to poor oral health
- Avoid chewy treats that can dislodge the metal brackets or snap archwires
- Avoid sticky candies and foods that can get stuck behind the wires or between brackets
- Avoid foods that require immense bite force, like nuts and unpopped popcorn kernels
Orthodontic Treatments in East Los Angeles
You deserve to have a healthy mouth that doesn’t cause pain during daily activities. To learn more about getting braces in East Los Angeles, call Atlantic Children & Family Dentistry at 323-263-9600.